Monday, 27 January 2014

EAT ME


It's been a while since I worked on something self-initiated that wasn't a row of buildings. Something you may not know about me, is that although I thoroughly abhorred mushrooms in my youth, (especially when they were defiling an otherwise delicious pizza or bolognese, along with peppers), I now LOVE them. My current favourite are shiitake, if you want to know, and I now gobble down peppers, too.I think the most enticing thing about them is how freaking weird they are. I mean, they are definitely fruity, in a fungal way. They come in so many shapes, sizes and classifications, each with a unique taste, and while you can eat a hell of a lot of them, some can also KILL YOU. Amazing.I would like you to observe that these here toadstools were created purely with watercolour. As you know I rarely paint, and certainly not before I've made some comfortable pencil lines to guide me. I toyed with the idea of going over these with black ink to create outlines, but in the end I was so pleased with them that I left them be. I hope you like them. I might add that you should definitely NOT eat ANY of these mushrooms, despite the title. They're all poisonous, and ingesting some of them will result in you snuffing it. I'm just terribly witty.

No comments:

Post a Comment