Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Brave New World

Since before Christmas, I've been working on this year's House of Illustration brief, which was to illustrate three scenes from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, along with a cover design. I almost ran out of time to submit my entry because I had other jobs and commitments on (plus a dose of the usual procrastination), but I managed to come up with the goods in plenty of time.

I could have tweaked them forever, but I'm more or less happy with what I came up with. This is probably the first time I've submitted to such a large-scale competition. The winner gets the £4,500 commission to illustrate the rest of the book for The Folio Society, which would be incredible. Good luck to all the other entrants; I've done my research and there is some absolutely cracking stuff out there.





No comments:

Post a Comment